Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Herman de Vries - Stedelijk Museum Schiedam & de Ketelfabriek

Last Saturday  I went to see the show 'All', a show of Herman de Vries.
I very much enjoyed his show. I saw resemblences with my own artistic practice and interests we both seem to share: repetition, the beauty of 'rubbish' and ordering.
The last made me think of one of my own invesigations: what does the way something is ordered add to the art work? De Vries does not order in the same way in his works, sometimes it is orderd in a strict structure, sometimes (seemingly) randomly or spread out on a demarcated place. I wonder what his ideas behind these orderings are.
Overall I enjoyed the show and it showed a good image on the development of his work throughout the years. Go see it now you still have the change!

























No comments:

Post a Comment