Wednesday, March 6, 2013


After two meetings I am rethinking the way of ordening that I am using right now. Last week when I had a meeting with Margo she asked me what will happen if I take away all te structure that I use. I said at that time no way I'll be lost without it. Today I had an very nice meeting with Denise Green. She kind of said the same.. what if the intuitions / subjective part is not only seen in my materials and shapes, but as well in my ordening. The way of ordening (chaos in a section) I use in some works is not new, it is seen in the '60/70 with Long and André. It's maybe to formal in comparisson to your feeling for the material etc( I hope I have recaptured what she said right). The question now is do I agree. Do I think it is shown before (ofcours) and there for boring? Or do I don't mind and think it is a part of me and also has to do with certain shapes and materials I use. More organic materials and shapes in a firm grid and more firm forms and materials in an more 'organic' ordening? I started right away with trying different ways of ordening. For some it works for other it doesn't.

Any responses are welcome:)

No comments:

Post a Comment